-

March 3, 2014

Kim Madeleine




There are some people that you don’t remember meeting. It’s as if they were always in your life.

Kim Madeline Avakian is one of these.

Kim is a blend of German and Armenian heritage. She was raised in Germany for the first half of her life, and after some traveling, spent the other half in Hawaii.  Her soul reflects the beauty she loves. Her tongue relays the wit and poise of the books she spends her time with.
Her hands play Midas to every piece of paper she touches, making it golden.

I have had the privlege of spending the past year with this beauty,
being challenged to be kinder with every step of her graceful little stride.

She inspires me to drink more deeply as an artist and as a friend.



Both of my parents have always been artistically inclined--my father being a graphic designer (among other things) and my mother simply incredibly talented. We've always had tons of arts supplies, and my parent's artwork, lying around the house.

I couldn't give you a concrete reason why I create,
but it's one of my favorite things to do. It comes to me quite naturally.



Simply put, I love beauty. So I love creating it. 





Hence the whimsical feelings of my paintings. I'm inspired by beautiful words and stories, and I frequently read. I would say books are my main inspiration, aside from nature. And video games (if they're pretty) and comics. Anything fantastical and out of this world, really. 
I hope you enjoy my work!


| Kim Madeline Avakian |










No comments :

Post a Comment