-

March 6, 2014

Naomi Ruth

I have a friend called Naomi. She is from Christchurch, New Zealand 
and is the most beautiful example of spit-fire and compassion that I've seen in a long time. 
Authenticity does not cease to flow from her emotions, conversation, and lifestyle. 

In the time when we met she was a traveler, but since a devastating earthquake in her home town, 
she's brought her hope, strength, and discerning wisdom back to a land close her heart. 

There is a search and struggle for any creative person in finding their own identity, 
especially among so many influences. It is easy to get discouraged among the golden ones 
when you're trying to find your own way. 

I asked Naomi to share a bit about her own creative journey,
 so here is a bit about this complex little sparrow. 


My name is Naomi Ruth Haussmann. 

Creativity seems to be something I sort of tumble into. It's a moment in time where something has to be captured,
 penned down, or sung out otherwise I feel like it might be lost forever. That's sort of how I started writing and taking photos. 


I've been writing and photo taking since I was a kid. I used to take throw away cameras to school 
and take photos of all of my friends. I still use throw away cameras today. 
Writing was always a means of expressing things that I couldn't in conversations. 
Gave me time to explore the things going on in my head.  Now I use it as a way to provoke thought or 
to tell people the journey of my life and those around me. 
To bring change in mindsets and understanding. 


I want to show life honestly, but I also want people to see the beauty in all circumstances. 
So I endeavour to show this with my poetry and photography linked together. 
At the moment I have a blog that I showcase this in. I also have a photography page 
which is more the business side of things that I am excited to grow further this year. 



To do something you love as a job is a crazy blessing. So that's my advice to creative people out there. 
Take hold of the creative outlets and do them. Don't let them sit around waiting for a perfect moment. 

Pick them up, write them down, whatever it is, do it each day. 
Even if it's just for a moment. 





All photo credit to Naomi Haussmann. 



No comments :

Post a Comment