-

March 10, 2014

Rachele Johnson








One of my favorite things is to watch people pursuing dreams much different than my own. It reminds me of the interweaving in this world and how each person has their place. Some dream of being pilots, some of designing buildings, and some of planning weddings.  Every thing has its place and each person has intrinsic passions to follow. 

I met Rachele a few years ago doing a school called The Circuit Riders in Hawaii. We were friends of friends and only knew each other a short time. But it was enough time to learn that this girl is one of the good ones. 

I have been following her life through Instagram and watching her dreams of being a wedding planner unfold before her. She is beautifully detail-oriented, relational, and gifted at making people feel loved and appreciated. It's no wonder she's pursuing a degree in hospitality! This lady is the whole package, and I know you'll love her as much as I do. 





I'm just a small town girl who found herself in Washington, DC. I was raised to always pursue my dreams. My mom was always encouraging me to take risks and to be creative. I spend a lot my time with people, whether new friends or old ones; I feel like I am always in a constant state of connecting with people! 

I work for Sweet Root Village in Alexandria, VA; I also work at Madewell as a denim “expert” and I am a college student pursing my degree in Hospitality and Tourism.

I am the most joyful when I have had a sweet morning reading my Bible and then find myself dressed and about in the city. I love to take my time and enjoy every thing around me. My biggest struggle is learning how to set aside time for myself! I just love people and being out and about so much that I can forget that its okay to sit at home for a night and enjoy the quiet. (Im a homebody in my heart).



Even through social media, it's evident that you're a hostess by nature. Why do you enjoy hospitality? 

I love hospitality because it means I get to create an environment where someone feels loved and free. Its like a home away from home. My own personal experience of hospitality from dear friends and strangers made me want to be like them! It comes very naturally and makes my spirit feel alive that I can create an environment like this for someone.



How has your family and upbringing influenced this? 

I come from a big Italian family-- hosting and opening your home to people was something that I watched on a daily basis growing up. My mom has had the biggest impact on me. She is a sweet spirited and creative soul. Growing up she taught me to be creative and take risks; but most of all she always told me anything was possible. I blame her for cultivating creativity and silliness in me.



You're a freelance event planner. Tell me the story about how this came to be. 

I have always loved celebrations. I'm convinced I am the only 9 year old girl that watched Who's Wedding is it Anyway on TLC and wondered about color schemes and if the brides day was going to come together or not!
My first hand at event planning happened in 2011 when I went to a friends house only 6 weeks before her wedding ….. it was a hott mess! She didn't know how it was going to come together or what her center pieces were going to be. With out any hesitation I took the wheel and became her wedding coordinator. We pulled it off and it was awesome! My heart was so full and alive that I knew it was what I wanted to do for a career. Since then I planned many weddings for friends and events for Youth With a Mission

Recently I met my soul sisters at Sweet Root Village where I now work in the land of everything pretty. We do wedding coordination, floral design and photography. It's such a privilege!


What are your hopes for event planning?

I hope to one day make it a full time career! Everyday and opportunity is a step forward into this goal. I just have to keep taking what doors open to me learn and grow from all of them. I also hope to one day coordinate something presidential, because that would be so cool!




Who / What inspires you? 

Angie Amstuz and Natalie Bardwell ( two close women in my life) are big inspirations to me! They are selfless, loving and hospitality queens. They're also mamas and I admire them so much for not only raising amazing families, but they always have time to encourage you and share a meal! I find my creative inspiration from literally anything and everything. Sometimes its the town homes in DC in perfect rows that inspires me and other times its a mess a flowers in Trader Joe's; it just depends on the day.







Be sure to visit Rachele and the ladies at Sweet Root Village and check out their beautiful planning skills.  


 [  www.sweetrootvillage.com  ]

-Photo Credit to Rachele Johnson-

No comments :

Post a Comment