-

May 21, 2018

An Emotional Spring Afternoon


It's 10:08pm on Saturday night and it's getting emotional over here. I've been going through photos from today. We spent the afternoon giving my son, Amos, his first haircut. *Cue mom-emotions* The kids played in the sprinkler while we all snacked on fresh pineapple and veggies. The sunlight was dreamy and things felt sweet. And I don't ever want to forget these little moments. 

The normal stuff is well, normal. It doesn't always feel special when it's happening. It sometimes is even the reason behind my discontent or bad attitude. It's so easy to look forward to new things. 
But I don't ever want to forget these moments. Nope. I won't. Nothing in my career or personal ambition is worth trading for this time with my people. 

I am so thankful for the gift of photography. My little camera, though it's just a piece of plastic and metal, helps me to keep things in perspective when I feel lost. Images like these are ones that will store in my memory (sometimes easier than actual memories, for whatever reason) and they will help keep me float in the love of the Father. Reminding me that I am truly blessed and loved. 

My goal as a photographer for you is just that-- to give you little visual reminders of how beautiful your life is. I'm not here to make sure you don't have a double-chin in your images or to take photos of only the clean parts of your house. I want it all-- the messy, wonderful life that you have. And I hope you see, too, how treasured and blessed you really are. 


















No comments :

Post a Comment