-

March 26, 2014

About the Details





The topic of 'quality over quantity' is not a new idea, but it's hitting me hard this month. 
Maybe my appreciation for artisan products is more than my love for convenience at this time in my life as well. Articles and posts like this one and this one have been reiterating the above statement in my head. Over and over. I spent last night with some ladies working in the wedding industry, and our conversations bubbled over different styles and inspirations that we loved. A fellow photographer was speaking of one of her favorites to follow on Instagram, saying 'they don't post often, but when they do I love it. It's like a journal.' The content was not constant, but it was of an elevated quality, keeping her engaged and coming back for more. 

The importance of this is being impressed into my business. Taking the the time and energy to do things right and with intention the first time. Operations like Scout Coffee Co. do this beautifully. Purposeful, original, and thoughtful, resulting in a positive reaction from their customers and employees alike. 

This theme is fitting in every other area as well.
Darling Magazine communicated to my wardrobe in this article about it, articulating my own thoughts for me. I was flipping through the pages of Gwyneth's 'It's All Good' this week and so wanted that clean, beautiful food and glow of health it brings. Doesn't everyone? But something (sugar cravings, let's be honest) deters us from really pursuing what we know is good for us. Same with being active. Same with relationships. 

Less is more. Distinctive and unique above abundant and insincere.

How are you functioning in quality over quantity right now? 


No comments :

Post a Comment