-

September 8, 2017

Endless Summer



Times they are a changing. Summer is winding down and so is the sense of carefree, no-plans, spontaneity. Routines are coming back into swing and our days become more focused. And though you might miss the freedom in warmer days, there are still ways to keep that summer feeling as you drift into fall. 





The other evening I put down my phone, grabbed my camera, and went for a walk. 
It was just before dinner and I wandered around the neighborhood. This is how I spent much of my time as a kid and teen. My camera would fill up with photos of flowers or fading light or a fuzzy caterpillar I found. More than I loved the end result, I loved the posture of my heart then: being still enough to notice the beauty that so many may have easily walked past.

As each season changes, I find myself reflecting. 
Autumn comes with a new push for photography for me. Busier days and scheduling out my time to stay focused and efficient. I'm planning so many shoots and so much excitement is building in my heart.





Still, I hope I can always find the time to set aside my 'to-do's every now and then for the peace that comes with going for a walk. That's the magic in summer: freedom to play. So, I give you permission. Go play. In all your busyness, always find time to be silly, thankful, and to let go. 



xo, 

Sabrina

No comments :

Post a Comment